In 2017, we ran the following events:
- 9 coffee meet ups in Glenbrook NSW in the lower Blue Mountains – a good in between spot for Western Sydney witches and Mountains folk to meet.
- 9 pub pagan social catch ups at a bistro in Seven Hills NSW. We aimed to host regular and entertaining discussion topics.
- 1 meet up at the Blacktown Medieval Fayre – a fun day out for the whole family.
Since we started way back in 2015 – we’ve hosted nearly 40 separate events and we’re keen to keep running and hosting regular catch ups in 2018.
Looking further afield, one of our dear hosts is moving a little further West to Lithgow and will also be looking to connect with others out there too. Stayed tuned for details of her events.
2018 Calendar of Events is coming soon. More pub socials, more coffee meet ups and more. Stay in touch on our Facebook page. All our events are managed from there.
We had our second Pub Pagan Social meet up last night at Seven Hills. The topic for discussion was ‘Samhain’ however we quickly dealt with that and moved on to discuss next fortnight’s topic of ‘Community’ and what that might mean to those attending. Don’t worry, we’ll continue the conversation next fortnight too!
In short, what we discovered is that for many of us, our idea of what the pagan community’s need (and yes, there are multiple because it’s not just one community anymore), is dated. Many of us have been in private practice or well out of public circulation for many years so we figured what we need to do now is listen. We need to listen to what *you* want.
So, what *do* you want in a pagan event in Western Sydney? What will inspire you to attend something in the flesh? What’s important to you? And why?
A few factors which might inspire your response:
- Location – close to home or easy to get to? Need public transport?
- Cost – free or low cost?
- Child or family friendly – do you want to bring your kids? Or ensure that there won’t be any children attending?
- Specific approach or path? Witchcraft, Egyptian, Heathen, Occultist, Ceremonial Magick, Wiccan, Eclectic Pagan?
- Accessibility – for many reasons, is the venue accessible?
- Public or Private location – maybe you’d feel more comfortable in a public location? Or private?
- Lack of familiarity – new to the scene, don’t know anyone…
- Opportunity to learn something unusual or something that just cannot be taught from a book
- Celebratory – I want to celebrate the Sabbats with someone!
- Etc etc etc – what will inspire your response?
How do I make my voice heard?
- Contribute to the Facebook discussion over here
- Email us! email@example.com
- Leave a comment here on the blog
- Phone us! Yes, we mean it. Maybe pop us through and email and we can arrange to give you a call and we can chat.
- Come and see us face to face at one of our events. The Coffee Collective or the Pub Pagan Social would be best for these kinds of discussions, but really, anytime, anywhere is good. Just reach out and make contact. We want to hear from you!
Come along and join us at the next Pub Pagan Social 4th May 6:30pm-8:30pm Hotel Seven Hills.
On the suggestion of one of our regular attendees, we thought that we’d start something casual, and on a weekday and see if it gathers much interest. So we’ll just kick it off! Come and join us!
Pagan Pub Social
This is a casual social drop in session to meet other pagans in the Western Sydney area – maybe pop in on your way home from work, grab a tasty meal from the bistro and catch up for a chat.
We’ll introduce regular topics and additional dates if this is well attended. Potential to expand and rotate to other locations around Western Sydney pending feedback.
What: The Pagan Fringe hosted social meet up
Where: Hotel Seven Hills
When: Thurs 6th Apr 6-8pm 2017
Who: All welcome
Cost: Free to attend, all meals and drinks at your own expense.
Kid friendly?: yes – there is a play area for 3-10yr olds adjacent to the bistro tables, however given the timing, we don’t expect many children to attend with their parents.
Contact: 0473 467 685 or 0411 525 413