We had our second Pub Pagan Social meet up last night at Seven Hills. The topic for discussion was ‘Samhain’ however we quickly dealt with that and moved on to discuss next fortnight’s topic of ‘Community’ and what that might mean to those attending. Don’t worry, we’ll continue the conversation next fortnight too!
In short, what we discovered is that for many of us, our idea of what the pagan community’s need (and yes, there are multiple because it’s not just one community anymore), is dated. Many of us have been in private practice or well out of public circulation for many years so we figured what we need to do now is listen. We need to listen to what *you* want.
So, what *do* you want in a pagan event in Western Sydney? What will inspire you to attend something in the flesh? What’s important to you? And why?
A few factors which might inspire your response:
- Location – close to home or easy to get to? Need public transport?
- Cost – free or low cost?
- Child or family friendly – do you want to bring your kids? Or ensure that there won’t be any children attending?
- Specific approach or path? Witchcraft, Egyptian, Heathen, Occultist, Ceremonial Magick, Wiccan, Eclectic Pagan?
- Accessibility – for many reasons, is the venue accessible?
- Public or Private location – maybe you’d feel more comfortable in a public location? Or private?
- Lack of familiarity – new to the scene, don’t know anyone…
- Opportunity to learn something unusual or something that just cannot be taught from a book
- Celebratory – I want to celebrate the Sabbats with someone!
- Etc etc etc – what will inspire your response?
How do I make my voice heard?
- Contribute to the Facebook discussion over here
- Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave a comment here on the blog
- Phone us! Yes, we mean it. Maybe pop us through and email and we can arrange to give you a call and we can chat.
- Come and see us face to face at one of our events. The Coffee Collective or the Pub Pagan Social would be best for these kinds of discussions, but really, anytime, anywhere is good. Just reach out and make contact. We want to hear from you!
Come along and join us at the next Pub Pagan Social 4th May 6:30pm-8:30pm Hotel Seven Hills.